Website Saanvi Jobs
Role: PTC Windchill PLM – System Admin
Location: Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Chennai
Experience: 4+ years relevant experience
- The Senior System Administrator responsible for a heterogeneous corporate computing environment. In general, this person is responsible for supporting the operations for the PTC Engineering System,
- This position will work closely engineering groups to make sure the PLM system is stable and available 24×7.
- He/she will also be responsible for supporting to develop hardware roadmaps, operating system roadmaps, capacity planning, performance monitoring, high-availability, web servers, security, backups, and disaster recovery.
- This position requires hands-on design, configuration, implementation, and management of all Engineering Systems (PTC PDM, FlexLM licensing server)
- The individual will provide expert level escalation support for unresolved Help Desk issues and provide technical consultation to project managers.
- This position also requires maintaining good working relationships with vendors-consultants on projects and technical support issues and managing or monitoring projects with internal and external members with little supervision.
- This position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful evaluation before coming up with approaches or solutions.
- This position must develop and maintain good working relationships, resolve problems, and positively influence others in order to successfully produce customer satisfaction
- PTC PLM system administration.
- Administer the FlexLM licensing server to proactively ensure we stay compliant with License compliance as well as provide all the support.
- Work closely with Engineering Systems Leader in the U.S and Germany and assume the responsibility of being the point contact for PTC PLM
- Test operating systems, software, and hardware in support of business needs to evaluate ease of use, appropriate functionality, and integration into our environment.
- Monitor system usage and performance; provide capacity planning and systems roadmaps
- Ensure data recoverability through system backups and disaster recovery processes
- Perform Rehosting, Updates, Upgrades, Integrations with SAP, setting up CAD Workers
- Document server processes, policies and procedures suggesting revisions or additions as appropriate. Provide change, configuration, and release management for the production environment.
- Manage vendor support for Integrations
- Provide input to the global infrastructure strategy.
- Application and data backup.
- Setting up CAD Cloud Environment and Maintaining it.
- Understanding and working knowledge of Batch scripts and VB Scripts.
- Automating daily maintenance activities
- Logs / Queue Management
- Upgrades (from 10.1 to 10.2) / Updates (Maintenance updates from M040 to M050)
- Backups to rehost
- Build / Code deployments, maintenance of builds in Subversion and automation
- New server setup at application level (IS infrastructure sets up servers and OS and install Oracle)
- Starting and Stopping cluster server
- Installation of remote file servers and replication
- Scripts to rotate logs and other tasks
Primary or Mandatory Skills:
- PTC Windchill Senior System Administrator with experience in implementation, system & business administrations
- 4+ years of experience with Windchill PDMLink
- Good experience in Windchill system and business administrations
- Experience in data migration, Windchill update and Upgrade
- Experience with creating workflows and lifecycles
- Experience in vaulting & replica Configuration
- Good knowledge on Windchill visualization services
- Experience in working with Windchill Workgroup Manager
- Familiar with rehost/cloning
- Sound knowledge on CAD, BOM and Change Management
- Good knowledge on Windchill cluster
- Good knowledge on Business scenarios
- Familiar with Windchill ProjectLink, PartsLink modules
- Good knowledge on Quality Management, System & Risk Management
- WC cluster and monolithic installations on Linux / Windows (Windchill Installer experience)
- CREO CAD worker configuration, building DLLs for deployment
- Windchill rehosting
- PDMLink / PartsLink (counterpart file) / ProjectLink / Cognos Business Reporting / SOLR / (installation / configuration / troubleshooting)
- Remote File Servers setup (multiple file servers per physical server pointing to various environments)
- Corporate LDAP configuration
- SSL / Reverse Proxy
- ANT scripting to execute a Windchill task
- JAVA plugin troubleshooting
- Apache configuration
- TomCat configuration load balancing
- InfoEngine troubleshooting
- Performance analysis and Tuning:
- Configure PSM / dynatrace server, agents and collectors and report on application health
- Log4J knowledge
- WinDU and WinRU utilities